Accurate odometer and hours with trip logs
The South African Revenue Services (SARS) administers diesel refunds through the Value Added Tax (VAT) process. 80% of diesel consumption qualifies for SARS refunds in terms of rebate item 670.04 of Schedule 6 to the Customs and Excise Act, Act No. 91 of 1964 (the Act). Our technology provides a full audit trail required for eligibility of a SARS rebate and our reporting platform simplifies logbook and data gathering required for VAT Returns, enabling successful rebate claims and return on investment.
With the arrival of extremely accurate GPS based kilometre devices, Gilbarco AFS has accordingly developed our own GPS based kilometre and hour meter device that collects and stores the essential data required for successful diesel usage SARS Rebate Claims. This device, called AccuTrip+, has been designed specifically for the purpose of obtaining the most accurate kilometre or hour meter reading possible.
AccuTrip+ enables easy integration of GPS odometer and hour meter data enriched with location and event data into the GMS Connect platform at pre-defined time intervals using 3G mobile data technology.
Capturing vital trip information with start and end date, time, location, odometer and hours of operation with every trip, the AccuTrip+ offers advanced technology that also includes location, speed, heading, operating time, idle time, odometer and hour meter which is passed up to our GMS Connect server on 1 minute intervals. No need to wait for your fuel transaction data to be sent to obtain an accurate odometer or hour meter reading. Odometer and hour meter data is automatically integrated into the GMS Connect platform for use in transaction and consumption reporting.
Over-the-air (OTA) meter reading reset via the GMS Connect platform or via our easy to use mobile application, improves device accuracy maintenance tasks. Therefore there is no need to schedule vehicle downtime to maintain your electronic odometer or hour readings.
It includes the following innovative features:
- Independent GPS odometer reading
- Independent vibration activated hour meter
- Independent 2 wire installation ensure the unit can be installed on any vehicle or asset without voiding OEM warranties
- Full trip logging with breadcrumb reporting
- Records active and idle time
- Integrated with GMS Connect platform
- Over-the-air (OTA) meter reset capability
The benefits of the AccuTrip+:
- Accurate vehicle readings independent of vehicle factors, allowing remote resetting to align to vehicle actuals
- Accurate operating hours, including idle hours and active hours
- Shift start and end readings
- Trip start and end readings
- Integrated information obtained from the GMS Connect platform
- Reduce vehicle downtime caused by maintenance tasks
- SARS compliant trip log reporting with geo-zone compliance
Now you can effortlessly claim both Diesel Storage and Diesel Usage Rebates through our integrated fuel and fleet management solution with the help of out Automatic Tank Gauging, Electronic Meter Registers and the AccuTrip+ therefore provides the required information for SARS compliant trip log reporting with geo-zone compliance by providing the required, automated data for diesel usage claims.
Interested to see how our solutions can help you claim your SARS Diesel Rebates?